The Advocacy, Information & Advice Team are currently providing an interim service to current clients via emails, text and telephone calls. If referrals are made, please email them to: [email protected]
If you wish to talk to someone, please telephone 020 8906 7505. Please leave a message with your telephone number and you will receive a call back as soon as possible. We understand there is a lot of concern currently, we promise to do our best to assist you as much as possible and will work with other organisations to achieve this.
What is Advocacy?
Advocacy seeks to ensure that people, particularly those who are most vulnerable in society, are able to:
- Have their voice heard
- Defend and safeguard their rights
- Have their views and wishes genuinely considered when decisions are being made about their lives.
Our Advocacy Service
We provide a free and confidential service for people living in the London Borough of Enfield, that have been referred to us by a mental health professional or GP (referral Form [download]). Our advocates take instructions from you, our client.
My home has been treated, I no longer have mice, thanks for sorting this out
Our advocates can help you to:
- Express views and concerns.
- Defend and promote rights and responsibilities.
- Improve your access to services and information.
- Explore options and choices.
- Attend meetings such as a Care Plan Approach (CPA’s), ward rounds & treatment plans.
- Participate in Safeguarding cases.
- Listen to clients to ensure their voices are heard.
- Ensure clients’ views are taken into account in any decisions made regarding treatment plans.
- Help to compose letters and / or write letters on behalf of clients.
- Provide you with information to help you make an informed voice
- Put you in touch with other appropriate services
- Write letters on your behalf or write letters to professionals
To find out more, call our voicemail service or email us, providing your name, contact number and a brief description of your questions or issues, and we will get back to you.
Email: [email protected]
0208 906 7505