en English
0208 906 7506 [email protected]

Welcome to the Counselling Service.

About the service

Our counselling service is an IAPT compliant service and is offered to adults experiencing common mental health symptoms such as mild to moderate depression and anxiety.

IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) is an initiative from the Department of Health aiming to improve access to talking therapies for people with mild to moderate depression and anxiety. 

You must be over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in the borough of Enfield to be eligible for our service. We are commissioned by CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group) Enfield therefore you can access our service for free.

Our service is accredited by the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and we abide by their high standards and follow the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions. 

Please click here to view our counselling leaflet.

What we offer?

Individual 1:1 sessions for an average of 8 weeks.

Your first contact will be an assessment and following this your sessions will start within 6-10 weeks. 

Sessions last for 50mns and will take place at the same day and time every week. 

Appointments start at 10:00am every day and evening appointments are available until 20:00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. 

Our counsellors are trained in a number of modalities such as psychodynamic therapy, person-centred therapy, transpersonal therapy and integrative therapy. The therapy we offer is explorative and focused where goals are identified and explored through the course of therapy. 

Counselling provides a time and space to talk about concerns you may be going through. This space will be confidential and non-judgmental. Your counsellor will work with you to understand your experiences, explore difficulties or challenges and help you discover possible options and ways forward. 

How can I access your service?

You must be above the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Enfield. If you are not registered with a GP in Enfield, speak to your GP about other local counselling services in your area. 

You can self refer by completing our online form and once we receive this we will contact you for an initial assessment. If you are unable to complete the form or need someone to assist you with this please contact our office on: 0208 906 7508.


For further enquiries you can email: [email protected]

We have a wheelchair-accessible counselling room on the ground floor of the building. Other counselling rooms are on the first floor, up one flight of stairs. We will ask you at first contact if you have any needs to help you access the service.

All our counselling takes place at our main location on Fore Street in Edmonton. 

What counselling can do for you?

Thank you, the counselling helped me so much. I feel I am back in the world and doing life once more and enjoying it! 

Counselling client

Many people experience difficulties in their lives. These might include personal relationships, situations at work or problems at home. You may find it helpful to work with a Counsellor to find ways of understanding what you are experiencing. We offer psychological support for mild-moderate depression, mild anxiety, low self-esteem, mood changes, and loss.

You may be struggling with a specific problem, or you may not have any idea what the problem is, but just have a sense that you are not feeling right. Coming to counselling may help you to gain better awareness and understanding into your current thoughts and feelings.

If you have feeling suicidal or in crisis please seek help from your GP immediately or alternatively contact the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team (CRHT) service on 020 8702 3800. They are based at Ivy House, Chase Farm Hospital, 127 The Ridgeway, Enfield, EN2 8JL.

If you would like help with acute anxiety, please email [email protected] or call 020 8342 3012 instead.

In emergencies, please dial 999.

Confidentiality and client agreement

Please take a look at our Confidentiality policy and client agreement. Counselling is an agreement that both you and your counsellor enter into. Regular commitment is required for the counselling to be helpful.

Trainee Application Pack

Please note you must be in your second year of training AND your course (not you as an individual) must be BACP Accredited. We make no exceptions to this.

Trainee Placement Application

Trainee List of Requirements

Monitoring Form

All completed applications to be sent to [email protected].


For further enquiries you can email: [email protected]

Or call us on: 0208 906 7508.