Our Wellbeing Services
MiE Wellbeing Services
The wellbeing team is currently supporting existing clients by keeping contact by text or phone, and providing information about services depending on need (eg from other departments at Mind in Enfield, Enfield Council, and other Enfield based community organisations). It is also finishing off it’s Spring courses remotely.
Self referrals or referrals can be made. Please ask for a referral form from [email protected] or call 0208 906 7507 (leave a message with your telephone number and you will receive a call back as soon as possible).
5 Ways to Wellbeing
Our approach is to support people’s mental and physical health by helping them achieve the 5 Ways to Wellbeing. These are ideas that work for anyone, and are particularly important in times of stress and uncertainty. The 5 ways are: Connect – Observe – Learn – Be Active – Give.
Here are some examples of what you can do under the 5 ways:
- Connect – rather than sending a message, take time to talk to someone even if it is on the phone or the internet
- Observe – take in information from the 5 senses: see what things look like, how they feel, what they taste like, their sounds and smells
- Learn – take time to learn something like how to cook something new, or start a new hobby you think you’d enjoy (like painting, or singing)
- Be Active – remember to move around, do some stretching at the beginning or end of the day
- Give – show appreciation by taking time to thank someone when they do something for you, or give your time to listen to someone
The following guide from the NHS has more ideas, many of them will still work even in isolation:
We will soon be re-launching a new range of services for the community – WATCH THIS SPACE!
Here are some links to internet resources to help you on your way to the 5 Ways (c/o Enfield Connections):
- The Digital Concert Hall
- The Metropolitan Opera
- Free colouring books
- Interesting films
- Open University Courses
- Museum of Modern Art
- Virtual Museum Tours
- Online games
- Online music classes
- Free eBooks
- Wild Earth
For more information on looking after your mental health during the corona outbreak, here’s advice from the Mental Health Foundation:
For more information: contact:
0208 906 7507
07949 669 087